Who, Me?

My photo
Nebraska
I'm a pastor, husband and Dad.

Monday, March 28, 2011

The Nut and the Tree

This past Christmas, my mom bought the boys BB guns. She did ask our permission first, so don’t everyone freak out. Actually, when I asked Andi what she thought, her response was, “Whatever, you’ll be the one to supervise the shooting expeditions.”

So ever since the boys unwrapped them at Grandma’s house, they’ve been waiting for a chance to go out and do some shooting. This past weekend the weather was finally nice enough, so we loaded up the car with BB guns, a .22 rifle and my 10mm pistol. What, you didn’t think I’d go shooting and bring only BB guns…

The boys had a great time learning the basics of shooting safety, the proper stance and how to make a good sight picture. I had a great time teaching them also, but after 30 minutes of BB’s it was time for some real fire power.

I loaded up a few magazines for the 10 and proceeded to make Swiss cheese of a target. Actually, Swiss cheese isn’t a good analogy because those holes are all over the place and don’t represent very good accuracy. Anyway, you get the point.

Connor really wanted to try and shoot the pistol, so I loaded up 1 round and went over the procedure. I handed him the pistol and let him go for it. After several seconds of wincing and shaking he finally pulled the trigger. BLAM!

He slowly turned and looked at me with this huge grin and said, “That. Was. AWESOME!”

I love shooting.

No comments: