Who, Me?

My photo
Nebraska
I'm a pastor, husband and Dad.

Friday, June 10, 2011

Andi's Trip to Hong Kong - 6

“No Boys!”


Those two little words were some of the last things both Anna and Megan’s mothers said to them as we left the states.  This final command has been making me think for days.  Because I respect Megan and Anna’s parents I will do my best to help them obey their parents, although there was a little boy on the bus that was flirting with Megan pretty hard!  He was about four and was pretty sure he needed to get to know Megan better. But the moms said, “no boys!” so I had to tell Megan she couldn’t bring home a four year old as a souvenir.


Since boys are out of the question I have been encouraging the girls to do other things…I bet the moms are wishing they had given more instructions! 




 
For example, they didn’t say, “Don’t eat the head of a goose!”
















They didn’t say, “Don’t enjoy traffic in Hong Kong!”  Bet they are wishing they had thought about that one!
















They also forgot to warn the girls about always having a buddy.  Megan may have taken the wrong escalator!












Most importantly they didn’t say, “Don’t jump off of a cliff!”  “Avoid high places!” and “Don’t walk on railings!” I’m not sure why Megan and I find it amusing to jump off of cliffs, but we do!  Although I did try to hold her back at Victoria Peak!




Seriously, Moms, your daughters are fine!  They are having a blast and there was no potential for injury (other than killer bad breath from goose head)!  I wonder how the moms feel about their daughters eating crickets….”Girls!  Get your shoes!  We’re going out!”

1 comment:

April Fry said...

Looks like you are having a great time! I'm really enjoying your posts. Maybe when you get home you'll have to have your own blog.