Who, Me?

My photo
Nebraska
I'm a pastor, husband and Dad.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Andi's Trip to Hong Kong - 8

All my bags are packed and I’m ready to go….
And what will surprise most of you is that it all still fits into one suitcase!  There are no new pairs of shoes, I only have the ones I brought.

Today I’m headed for home and leaving Anna and Megan in Hong Kong.  I’ve done what I set out to do.  I helped them get through LAX.  With the help of the Smyth’s I helped the girls get used to riding public transportation without a guide to help them get home.  I’ve shown them how to order when the menu is not in English.  I went with Linda when she showed them how navigate markets and grocery stores.  Most importantly I demonstrated how to ask for help and directions (i.e. made a fool of myself for their sakes…I know, I know-I do that all the time).  

 I also have volunteered them to do and try many things.  They will be leading worship in church on June 26th and that might be the thing they won’t forgive me for volunteering them to do.
I am so excited to hear about the rest of their journey and the things they get to experience.  Ken has a pretty full schedule for them.  They will continue the daily bible studies we have been doing in the mornings.  They will continue to be immersed in the culture by going and doing things with people from the church.  They will be teaching children’s classes at church and helping lead bible studies.  They may even get in on a chaplaincy training program at a local hospital.  They will also be observing more of the English classes that Scott teaches.  It will be such an exciting summer for them.  So, keep the girls in your prayers.  Although the time will go quickly it is still six more weeks before they head for home.

As for me, it’s time to go home.  I get to go home to my family that I love and adore and that might miss me a little.  I get to catch up on little league and soccer.  There are video game conquests that need to be told and a dog that needs to go for a run.  I also have to get my homework done.  And I have a job that is waiting and a desk that is covered in post-it notes.  
I have enjoyed my time here so much and it has been so wonderful to be a part of this ministry for a short time.  So, thank you to those who helped me get here, to my job that let me go, and to my home church that sent me.  The Lord has blessed me and refreshed me with this trip.
I’m leaving on a jet plane, don’t know when I’ll be back again...but it has been a wonderful journey!



No comments: